Pages

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Christmas Rudolph Nails





















This post is going to be fairly short and simple but i thought i would share with you how i'm adding some festivity to my fingertips this Christmas season. This design is fairly simple to do but i think it also depends on how much patience you have because it does take some patience.

I first started out by using the Barry M all in one base coat, top coat and nail hardener as the base for my nail polish. I then painted my nails with the Avon gel finish polish in the colour 'Roses are red' except for the ring finger. I love this nail polish as it's super shiny and glossy which really makes it look like a gel finish.

On the ring finger i decided not to do a colour on the base and just go straight in with the design. I first used a brown nail polish to get the shape of the reindeer's head and then did some antlers with black nail polish as i didn't have a dark brown. After that had dried i used a white polish and a black polish to create the eyes. To make this a bit easier i used a dotting tool but you could also use a bobby pin if you don't have one. To finish off i used a shimmery red polish for the reindeer's red nose. To seal the design i used the Barry M clear top coat to make sure it lasts longer.

I didn't take pictures of each step when i was doing it so here's a step by step tutorial i found online:


Hope you enjoyed this post!
Merry Christmas!